Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Up To Speed

It occurred to me that while I have invited many people to view my blog, not everyone knew about what happened. So I will step back for a second to explain in as short a post as possible. I went to have a simple outpatient surgery on the 22nd March which ended up not happening and instead biopsies were taken. The following week I had a follow-up appointment with my doctor and was advised that they double checked my pathology results and sure enough it came back that I had cancer. As far as he knew it was endometrial cancer which is the most common form for woman, I was told, and highly treatable. That same week I saw the oncologist for the first time and was advised that they are unsure if it is endometrial stage 2 or cervical stage 1B2 (not the news I was expecting). He advised he wanted me to have some tests done to get some answers and that brings us to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment