This blog is my way to keep all of you updated on my progress in my daily battle with cancer. Please feel free to comment and I appreciate all the love and support from each and every one of you!!! -- 'Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
PET Scan Results
Today was a pretty good day. We got the results of my PET Scan and the cancer has not travelled to any organs or lymph nodes thank God! The doctor did, however, describe my scan as intriguing. Evidently I have a softball size tumor on my right side, above my uterus and bladder that came up extremely hot on my scan. I guess when something comes up as a "hot spot" it indicates where large amounts of the radio tracer they injected me with last Wednesday has accumulated and where there is a high level of chemical activity. This indicates cancer is present. He is unsure if it originated as cancer or if I had the tumor already and the cancer travelled to it. Either way this is something they can, thankfully, remove as far as we know at this point. In the next couple days I go in for a cone biopsy where they will take 3 different biopsies in an outpatient surgical setting and try to narrow down once and for all if this is truly endometrial or cervical cancer. The doctor did indicate that so far almost everything about this is showing signs of endometrial cancer but they just want to try and confirm before they decide on treatments. Thank you everyone for all the encouraging prayers, emails, phone calls, texts, and thoughts. I appreciate them all and am very grateful to have everyones love and support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ok, i seriously almost hugged the screen as i read the first two lines!! LOL. =) This is great news! I LOVE YOU MOLLY!!!
ReplyDeleteMolly,
ReplyDeleteWe will be here for you & the family,
in any way we can... You are in our Prayers.
Guy & Loretta
If anyone can beat this, Molly, YOU CAN! I know how strong and determined you are. Our continued love and prayers are with you!
ReplyDeleteHolly, Amanda and CJ
Molly,
ReplyDeleteWe have been praying for you, so glad to hear it has not spread! I love your blog, your "relaxing" time in a dark room was comical. Humor is so important went dealing with uncertainties. Glad to hear your Mom is with you. Good to see you on Sunday, only if it was from a distance.
Keep praying,
Craig and Amy and Katie
Will continue praying for you and the family! I love you!!!
ReplyDeleteI just received an email from Pui about a blog for Molly Nix. So of course I opened the blog and to my surprise I find out my sister in christ is fighting a terrible disease.
ReplyDeleteThis was so convicting for me because I had no idea Molly was sick. It's amazing how situations can unfold or people can be struggling within our own christian family and many of us (including myself) not know about it.
I'm sure announcements regarding prayer for the Nix family has been made. However, since I'm in Kingdom kids I must have missed it. Anyway, this just shows me that I need to become more aware and ask more questions when things don't look right. And to think, I just saw Kenny a few weeks ago in the store.
Molly I will say a prayer for you and your family. Thanks for creating this blog for those of us who are not actively involved in your life on a daily basis but still care about you nonetheless.
Rosalyn
Molly- although I have not call you; didn't want to overwhelm you with calls, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Dee Dee
ReplyDelete