Wednesday, April 6, 2011

PET Scan

Today I went to the hospital to get a PET Scan to find out if the cancer has spread to any other organs in my body. Most of the time this is so surreal, like I am going to wake up any moment and then there are times like today when I get the pleasure of having a syringe encased in lead, full of a radio-active tracer pumped directly into my vein. Something about that just makes this oh so real. They then proceeded to stick me in a room and turn off the lights so I could "relax". When I asked if I could use my phone they told me no only because they wanted me to "relax". If I found out anything today... it is that my being in a room alone with time to think is "not relaxing"! After laying extremely still (or attempting as my arm fell asleep) for 30 mins while the machine moved it's way s-l-o-w-l-y from my feet to my head, I was then told I shouldn't be within 5 feet of other people for so many hours so I took this time to nap. I made sure, however, that I was on time to my 2nd appointment today only to find out that it actually isn't until tomorrow. This was a long day but absolutely loving my mom being here just hate the circumstances. Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes.

6 comments:

  1. ok, so i am wearing a purple ribbon for you during this sundays half marathon!... purple is for a cancer survivor and i KNOW you will survive this! you are a strong and determined woman! you are my inspiration! LOVE YOU GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moll: Know that my heart is with you and my prayers follow you through this process of healing for you. I pray that you grow stronger in your resolve to remain faithful and to trust God through this trial. I'm glad your mother is here for you and that you derive much comfort from her presence. Much Respect....

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly,

    You are stronger than you think, you're the inspiration for a lot of people including me,

    I am here for you and you will come out better for this experience.
    I love you and keep writing!

    Keny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you little sis, keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Molly....We've been wanting to know about your progress and have been bugging your dad with numerous phone calls - so thanks for having this blog so we can keep informed without bugging anyone. Know that we are there with you in our thoughts and prayers.....And Remember - When there is only one set of footprints, He is carrying you. So lean on Him and feel His strength! Love Uncle Jerry & Aunt Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly,

    I'm so very sorry you are going through this. God created you with a purpose, and you can trust He has a plan and He is in complete control. God has a unique way of turning burdens into blessings, and it is my prayer that many blessings can come out of this difficult situation. Keep on writing, while I will be praying for peace, for strength and for healing.

    "I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
    My help comes from the LORD,
    the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2

    Love,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete